What is a cookie and what are they used for?
Cookies are small text files that websites can place on the device (PC, Smartphone, Tablet, Smart TV etc.) used to access the website, or in the browser used by the user. This file contains information about the pages that have been visited in that site, which allows remembering the navigation preferences so that the next time you visit the website the navigation is more agile, using the information contained in said file . Similarly, through cookies you can collect anonymous statistical information, or ensure that web pages work correctly.
Depending on its purpose, you can distinguish between:
- Technical cookies: allow the user to browse through a web page or application, and use the different options or services that exist in it. They include in this group, for example, the identification of session, or share content through social networks.
- Customization cookies: allow the user to access the service with certain predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user equipment, such as language or geographical location.
- Analysis cookies: they allow the person in charge of them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data used by the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: allow the management of the advertising spaces that the owner of the page or application has included to show ads in them.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: allow the management of advertising spaces through the storage of information on user behavior obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits.
Cookies used in the Portal of Villa Romana La Olmeda
From the Google Analytics service (Analysis Cookies).
The conditions of the Google Analytics service, which all customers must comply with, prohibit the tracking or obtaining of data such as the name or email address through the use of said tool, as well as the association of personal information with data of Web Analytics. For more information, you can visit the following link: http://www.google.es/intl/es/analytics/privacyoverview.html
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will be transmitted and archived by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information on behalf of Villa Romana La Olmeda for the purpose of tracking the use of the website, compiling reports on the activity of the site and providing other services related to the activity of the site and the use of the Internet. Google may transmit such information to third parties when required by law, or when such third parties process the information on behalf of Google. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Google Analytics cookies used (COOKIE: Duration - Purpose)
- _utma: 2 years. - Generate a unique user ID and record the date, the first and the last time the user visited the web.
- _utmb: 30 min. - It registers the arrival time to the page, and it is automatically deleted when changing the web or closing the browser.
- _utmc: From session. - Determines if more than 30 minutes have elapsed on the same page, or if a new session for the user is not established.
- _utmv: From session. - It allows to segment demographic data from the data obtained from registration
- _utmz: 6 months. - Stores the origin of the visitor and the path followed to access the web. It is updated with each visit to the website.
Through the help of your browser, the user can learn about the different options for the management of Cookies:
- Google Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-int...
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-lo...
- Apple Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042
You can also exclude the use of analytical cookies used by Google Analytics, through the exclusion systems provided by Google, from the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
As for the use of social network cookies, this can be deactivated by closing session in the corresponding social network before visiting the Web Portal of Villa Romana La Olmeda.
In any case, the user must know that the deactivation of cookies may hinder or prevent access to certain sections of the Web Portal of Villa Romana La Olmeda, or may degrade their browsing experience.